Who Me? Dating at 50? Top 5 Ways to Spring into Dating
It’s a well-known fact: Dating at 50 is a lot more fun than dating at 20.
Think about it: you are more interesting, smarter, and sexier and have way better life’s stories. And, you don’t have to ask your mom to borrow the car. Come on in, the water is delicious.
You’re not alone. There are 20+ million singles back in the dating game. We may be single-so-far and looking, suddenly single via divorce, or really ready for a relationship.
Like you, many singles are bored and lonely – we may have played too much Solitaire and are ready to play a rousing game of Hearts. And flowers … and romance.
Top Five Ways to Spring into Dating at 50
- Do talk to strangers. Everyday. It’s okay, and heartily recommended that you look members of the opposite sex in the eye, smile and say “Hi.” Do this o five strangers – every single day.” Have fun – spring is in the air. Start now.
- Your mother was right: “Go outside and play.” It’s up to you – perform the ‘due diligence’ and find out where the action is (See: my columns: Top Ten Places to Meet Men and Women in Marin and San Francisco) Get out of the house and join a walking, hiking, biking, rowing, kayaking, birding, debate, tennis, Ping-Pong, or spelunking club. Try Tango! Thoroughly examine Meetup.com for hundreds of organizations in your zip code.
- Adopt and embrace the C’est la vie attitude. You know, life is short and why waste time? Throw off – (or gently remove) that Shroud of Fear and relax into the singles playground. Tell your friends you are thinking about dating.4.
- Be Brave. So you are ready to start dating again? Want to get back in the saddle? Note: a virtual Greek chorus of friends and family may urge you, to get ‘Back on the horse.’ If you have images of a sweet pony-ride dancing in your head, be prepared. The 2013 foray may be a carnival ride – a-merry-go-round or a Tilt-a-whirl – at first.
- Research and sign up for an online dating site. Try a Free-7-Day Trial – which most big dating companies offer. You don’t need to write a thesis; answer the site’s questions simply, succinctly with an authentic portrayal of you. Have fun. Yes, it may be exciting or make you very nervous – at first- enjoy the ride.
Some say, “Better buckle up. It’s going to be a bumpy ride.” But, a good ride.
Get in the game and enjoy the new adventures in the unique and novel Date World 2013.