Speed date, blind date, brunch date, dinner date, fixed up,
cyber date, serial date, polydate.
So many dates, so little time. Take you time and don’t get caught speeding through conversations.
Buckle Up, Baby. Remember, it doesn’t have to be a Bumpy Ride.
Kelly, a serious serial dater, has two interview skills and claims that’s all she needs. She listens carefully and asks a handful of questions, which launch 100 word answers. Like a fly fisherman, she deftly snaps the line into the water and allows the date do his job.
The Top 20 Questions to Get the Conversation Rolling.
1. Tell me about your best friend.
2. Tell me about you very worst job.
3. What was your very first car?
4. What was your best job?
5. Tell me about your family and where you grew up.
6. Tell me about your very favorite relative.
7. Tell me all the places you’ve worked.
8. Who is your favorite female movie star?
9. What hobbies do you spend money on?
10. What’s you very favorite song?
11. Tell me one really life-changing moment?
12. When did you meet your very first girlfriend/boyfriend?
13. Where and when was your first kiss and with whom?
14. What is the dumbest thing you have ever done?
15. Have you ever been arrested?
16. Tell me the most romantic date you’ve ever planned.
17. They say, “Women shop and men buy.” What is one store you wouldn’t be caught dead in?
18. Have you ever used drugs?
19. Tell me what your perfect day-off looks like?
20. If someone gave you two free tickets to anywhere in the world – where would you go?
Getting the Conversation Rolling: Try one or 10 of these questions next time you meet another interesting, available person. Bon Chance!
“I want relations which are not purely personal, based on purely personal qualities; but relations based upon some unanimous accord in truth or belief, and a harmony of purpose, rather than of personality. I am weary of personality. Let us be easy and impersonal, not forever fingering over our own souls, and the souls of our acquaintances, but trying to create a new life, a new common life, a new complete tree of life from the roots that are within us.”
D. H. Lawrence
San Francisco Dating@50 Examiner, Page Larkin, welcomes your feedback, questions and queries at Page.Larkin@gmail.com.
Don’t miss a single Page Larkin column- Click the Subscribe button at the top of the page.