Chances are – if you are reading this- you are suddenly single and on the look out for interesting, new places to try in San Francisco. The City is famous for provocative people, fabulous food, and eclectic venues.
Six Super Spots for great dates in San Francisco
- Feeling Brazen? Brazenhead Restaurant, the intimate Marina hideaway, boasts ambiance, amazing menus – divine specials – a lively bar. Great bartenders. The perfect first dinner date spot
- Friendliest bookstore in San Francisco? Bird and Beckett -in the hip and lively Glen Park district. Check out their literary and jazz joint schedule. Check Out: October 11: JAZZ CLUB hosted by Grant Levin Starts: 8:00 pm Ends: 10:30 pm
- Feeling Spooky? Dying to see a haunted house? Now is the time for all good ghouls and boos to sign up for the Ghost Hunt walking tour. It’s fun, it’s a scream, and it’s spooky. Six nights a week at 7 PM Price: $20. An excellent tour of lower Pacific Heights. Jim Fassbinder, the guide is brilliant and witty and very scary.
- You’ll Haight it – after a primo dinner with tapas and Caribbean small plates at Cha-Cha-Cha dance over to The Tornado in the Haight. Famous for 50 beers on draft. Their Oh, Happy Hour starts at 11:30 am and goes until 6:00 pm. Come on, come on, get happy.
- Best Jazz in San Francisco? San Francisco Jazz Center is mecca. Star-filled shows with the likes of Ahmad Jamal, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Pedrito Martinez, David Sanborn & Bob James. The world-class Annual San Francisco Jazz Festival is a do-not-miss-event. Get tickets now.
- Friday Night in the Park? See: the de Young Museum at GGP– “Friday Night Events” Get thee to the Party… From 5pm until 8:45pm it’s a party with a no-host bar, great music, and a modicum of the best ever art…
PS: Friday, October 10: Litquake STARTS- Fleet Week sails- with San Francisco Bay polka dotted with boats floating and deafening Blue Angels buzzing overhead (Shake, rattle,roll on Saturday 3pm-4pm) and the Mill Valley Film Festival is a SRO event – with some tickets available. What is not to like?
- San Francisco Dating@50 Examiner, Page Larkin, welcomes your feedback, questions and queries at Page.Larkin@gmail.com.