On your mark, get set, get ready for an Easter Celebration
A happy Easter conjures up images of colored eggs, chocolate bunnies, buffets, bountiful Easter baskets, tulips and Gin fizzes.
San Francisco has an embarrassment of riches when it comes to gourmet Easter treats.
Five Classic San Francisco Sites for Easter’s perfect preparations:
1. Varoom. Start the day with a cup of the best coffee in San Francisco: Blue Bottle Coffee.
2. Got Candy? San Francisco’s premiere candy store, aptly named, The Candy Store on Vallejo at Polk Street will dazzle you with the finest selection of yummiest candies “… one-of-a-kind boutique features walls lined with old-fashioned candy jars, shelves stocked with the finest confections from around the world, and nostalgic treats you probably haven’t seen in years.”
3. Fruit Heaven – Berries, melons, citrus, mangoes, 22nd and Irving Produce– best quality and bargain produce in all of San Francisco. Parking is pain – and, it’s worth it.
4. Best bakery in San Francisco? Bakery Tartin located at 600 Guerrero Street. You’ll think you time- traveled to Paris –Tartin has a perfectly sublime selection of the highest quality pastries. Marvel over the Chocolate Soufflé Cake, the Frangipane Tart, the utterly divine croissant or frangipane croissant, perhaps a double pain au chocolat or the tres yummy morning buns. I dare you try one croissant.
5.Confused by chocolate? Do you die for Godiva? Or really love Recchiuti? Perhaps you prefer San Francisco’s classic, plump chocolate eggs from the all-time favorite: See’s. Or, do you go for TCHO? Love truffles? XOX Truffles are rich, delicate, and filled with 27 flavors and totally addictive. Sweetly perched on Columbus Avenue across from the City’s stellar Graffeo Coffee.
If you are feeling a little famished after all that Saturday shopping? Get in line, there is always one, at Ella’s for the Best Brunch in San Francisco located at 500 Presidio/Arguello.
* Don’t put all of your chocolate eggs in one basket.
* Walk softly and carry a big carrot.
* There’s no such thing as too much candy.
* Some bunny loves you: cute little tail attracts a lot of attention.
* Everyone is entitled to a bad hare day.
* Let all your happy thoughts multiply like rabbits.
* Keep your paws off other people’s jellybeans.
* The grass is always greener in someone else’s basket.
Page Larkin, welcomes your feedback, questions and queries at page.larkin @gmail.com.
Don’t miss a single Page Larkin column- click the Subscribe button at the top of the page.