Remember ~Every divorce is like a snowflake – no two are alike…
So, how does a Suddenly Single person in SAN FRANCISCO cope?
- Attend Church?
- Attend to exploring all forms of Chocolate?
- Scouring the FunCheap for Singles Events?
- Attending movie matinees?
- Shopping for a hearty round of Retail Therapy?
- Investing in and using reams of Kleenex?
- Quick Shots of Paleo Friendly Patron Tequila?
- Reading Best Sellers? Or mindlessly reading Danielle Steele?
- Sitting mindlessly in front of TV wondering, “What the heck am I doing?”
- Creating elaborate voodoo dolls of Ex and reveling in acupuncture on same.
- Jogging around and around the Marina or Lake Merced?
- Attending every CITY ARTS AND LECTURES event?
- Hanging out at The HaRa or mint… nursing mojitos? Not what you
- Cruising the Saturday morning Farmer’s Market buying bushes of basil?
- Whining At Wine Bars? Yielding at Yield?
- Booking way too many appointments with your therapist?
- Attending mass, services, synagogue daily?
- Do you find yourself pining for”The Twins” on Nob Hill?
- Are you walking around the labyrinth multiple times?
- Do you find yourself staring at a Thomas Kincaide painting for extended time?
- Are you glued to CSPAN?
- Have you tried ALL 31 Flavors?
- Have you read Divorce for Dummies at the library, a chapter at a time, – too embarrassed to bring it home?
- Do you dream of meeting Michael Krasney, , Brian Lamb of CSPAN? and consider volunteering at KQED?
- Have you “suited up” and tried jogging and remembered you hate exercise?
- Does the Haight now seem charming?
- Does Union Street all of a sudden seem less appealing – and much less like it was in the good old days? Where are the Henry Africa’s? Thomas Lords? The Cooperage?
It is sobering to realize those ” kids” you see at the bar at Perry’s – those kids may be the same age as YOUR kids… and, my dear, they have bumped you off your pedestal…it’s musical chairs and, now, it’s their turn.
It is time: You simply need to find a new vehicle, a fresh point of view and understanding of what the dating game looks like now. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Take it from me- the next chapter of your life – ACT II can be much more fulfilling…exciting…rewarding.
All it takes is vision- and stamina – some creativity and a dollop of reality.
Sure, easier said than done. Push yourself away from the computer, the TV, at the fish tank and Get up. Put your shoes on. Get out of the house. Go for a walk…
(That was Step One – repeat daily)