Fresh out-of-the-box. Right off the shelf. Right off the boat. Dating neophytes
There are a lot of metaphors for people who are just back in the Dating Game. For some, getting back into the swing of dating can be daunting. If you have been out of the game for a while, you may notice dating today is a little more complex than it was a decade or two ago.
Not only is the playing field no longer level, the rules have changed. And, the game is faster and the ‘uniforms’ are a lot shorter. The days of yore- courting and being coy – are as out dated as hot pants and polyester.
There are even dating phobias which are irrational, intense, persistent fear of certain nouns (persons, places, things).
For your information:
The Top 10 Common Fears Known to Single Men and Women
1. Isolophobia – fear of being alone
2. Athazagoraphobia- fear of being forgotten
3. Gamophobia – fear of marriage
4. Mageirocophobia – fear of cooking
5. Sexophobia – fear of the opposite sex
6. Gynophobia – fear of women
7. Hominophobia – fear of men
8. Clinophobia – fear of going to bed
9. Homilophobia – fear of sermons
10. Nyctophobia- fear of the dark or night/
Franklin D Roosevelt said it best:
“ The only thing we have to fear is fear itself –
nameless, unreasoning, unjustified,
terror which paralyzes needed efforts…”