Sweetwater? Good reason to visit Marin this weekend
Hot Date Destination: Marin County-Top five reasons to cross the GGB
1. Sweetwater– the legendary Mill Valley music club everyone flocked to in the 70‘s and 80‘s ( All hail Jules Broussard) is located at the Masonic Lodge at 19 Corte Madera Ave. Enjoy Music, Cocktails and dining al fresco.
Thanks and kudos to Bob Weir- a gentleman and a giant.
2.) Take a hike: Mount Tamalpais is the “go to“ destination for millions of visitors every year. People come from all over the world to hike, bike, hang glide, ride horses, bird watch, photograph, study plants, flowers, trees and explore. The magnificent views absolutely take your breath away…as do a number of the scenic and strenuous hiking trails.
3.) Take your choice: Marin is magical – there are multiple choices for entertainment, wandering and playing. Of course, you can go biking, strolling, hiking, dining, shopping or – see a first-run movie at the wonderful Rafael Theater. Drive over the Golden Gate Bridge – leave the City behind -and explore multi-faceted and fun Marin County.
4.) And Culture, Too! People “in the know” flock to Marin’s Open Studios May 6-7, 2017. Artists open their doors to show pieces in painting, sculpture, ceramics, photography, graphics, print-making, glass, jewelry and mixed media
Look for the Mill Valley Red Door on Miller Avenue (Laura Roebuck Miller Studio 332 Miller Ave, Mill Valley)
They also ‘know’ the Best Movie Theater for first run films and home of the Mill Valley Film festival is is the newly restored, Art Deco, the Rafael in San Rafael on Fourth Street.
5.) Try Any One of These Four Great Restaurants:
- Piazza d Angelo – a wonderful Italian restaurant located in downtown Mill Valley on the square
- My Thai in San Rafael with the best Thai food in all of Marin food -located at 1230 Fourth
- Tommy’s Wok – Sausalito- the best Chinese food in all of Marin County
- Best Sunday Brunch with a live, non stop Bicycle Parade- Poggio – Sausalito
5.) Barry Spitz and Four Great Hikes Mr Marin County – hiking authority, lecturer, author and ‘man about town’, Barry Spitz, is the go- to-guy for any and all information about majestic (6400 acres) Mount Tamalpais
His recent book, Tamalpais Trails is a bible to legions of hikers and Marin residents. Try one these Marin hikes:
- Best- to the beach- short Hike- Mill Valley Tennessee Valley – Pack a picnic and enjoy land and sea.
- Best Hike @ 0900 Sunday – Ross – Phoenix Lake 2.33 miles and is considered a little rigorous, vigorous and spectacular.
- Best -here we go around the lake – Mt Tam has five man made lakes. Try Alpine Lake – for a start.
- Best Hike Tiburon – Ring Mountain – You can’t see Russia – however, you can see three counties. There are acres and acres of hills, trails and try to find the petroglyph’s. Bring water and binoculars. Pick up a picnic at the yummy and upscale Nugget Market.
Take the ferry to Marin County …Love the Lifestyle. You are to Welcome to Marin – any day of the week.
San Francisco Dating@50 Examiner, Page Larkin, welcomes your feedback, questions and queries at firstname.lastname@example.org.