Dating 101: Six Hot Spots
Chances are – if you are reading this- you are Suddenly Single and on the look out for interesting, new places to try in San Francisco. The City is famous for provocative people, fabulous food, and eclectic venues.
Hot Spots? We’ve got ’em! Try one ….try them all…
- Feeling Brazen? Brazenhead Restaurant, the intimate Marina hideaway, boasts ambiance, amazing menus – divine specials – a lively bar. Great bartenders. The perfect first dinner date spot
- Friendliest bookstore in San Francisco? Bird and Beckett –in the hip and lively Glen Park district. Check out their literary and jazz joint schedule.
- Feeling Spooky? Dying to see a haunted house? Now is the time for all good ghouls and boos to sign up for the Ghost Hunt walking tour. It’s fun, it’s a scream, and it’s spooky. Six nights a week at 7 PM Price: $20. An excellent tour of lower Pacific Heights. Jim Fassbinder, the guide is brilliant and witty and very scary.
- You’ll Haight it – after a primo dinner with tapas and Caribbean small plates at Cha-Cha-Cha dance over to The Tornado in the Haight. Famous for 50 beers on draft. Their Oh, Happy Hour starts at 11:30 am and goes until 6:00 pm. Come on, come on, get happy.
- Best Jazz in San Francisco? San Francisco Jazz Center is mecca. Star-filled shows with the likes of Ahmad Jamal, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Snarky Puppy, David Sanborn & Bob James. The world-class Annual San Francisco Jazz Festival is a do-not-miss-event.
- Friday Night in the Park? See: the de Young Museum at GGP– “Friday Night Events” Get thee to the Party… From 5pm until 8:45pm it’s a party with a no-host bar, great music, and a modicum of the best ever art…
- San Francisco Dating@50 Examiner, Page Larkin, welcomes your feedback, questions and queries at Page.Larkin@gmail.com.