Dating 101: Don’t write a shopping list: My Perfect Mate Must Have
“Savvy Stanley” from Atherton has composed “Top 13 Qualities” his Perfect Match Must Have:
- You must be emotionally warm, generous.
- You must be open, kind, intelligent, sexy, romantic, spontaneous,
- You are available – no kids tugging at your heart, wallet, front door.
- You’ve resolved the key issues of your character and life. You’re easy, and emotionally wise and comfortable.
- You have a good sense of humor. You admire my wit.
- You have developed a successful career with meaning -which contributes to making the world a better place, and which elicits admiration from your colleagues, friends and family.
- You must be financially solvent.
- You come from a happy home life, with parents who were happy and loved you.
- You’ve been married, know what it takes to make such a commitment work—and, even though it did not become a uccess- you know why your marriage didn’t work, you’ve recovered from its loss or celebrate your liberation.
- You’re clear-eyed, and emotionally wise and comfortable in your own skin and my arms
- You are not judgmental, depressed, on mind bending medication, in or recovering from any addiction.
- You find yourself laughing easily and often….and know when to stop
- You’re intelligent, intellectually curious and active, artful and voracious in ways that have meaning to me.
A number of women “Copy and pasted” your Top 13 Must Have Qualities from your Match.com profile and have mailed them to other women, writers, columnists. Remember: Telephone, Telegraph, Tell a Woman? You’ve been “Outed,” dear one.
There were roars of laughter from the Yoga Babes in San Francisco – until they realized you were serious. Which led to that International Gagging Sign of insert finger in mouth feign choking.
Carpe Diem, darlin – Relax. And enjoy the ride. Coming to the party with a list – is a true buzzkill and precludes any spontaneity.
However, Barbie in Brisbane (“50- looks 30- Model, Divorced Thrice, has kids -t hey live in the back”) thinks you sound “Fabulous” and she would love to meet you. No, she didn’t read your profile – she thought your photograph was “cute” and liked the fact that you lived in Atherton. She really wants to meet you.
Best of luck. Stanley- in your pursuit of mutual happiness, companionship, honesty and total lack of control issues.
Yes, Dear Reader…all the names have been changed to protect the egos of many…