Only five types of men in Single at 50 World?
She admits to being somewhat jaded and a little cynical- however, she is unwavering in her estimation there are only five types of single men – her age group and her geographical area (Nor Cal) out there. Here is her list:
Slim Pickens By Suzie K: The Five Types of Single Guys
- Mr. I’m So Cool and Single-perpetually playing the field – for decades.
- Recently Widowed – deer in the headlights: seeking a nurse or a purse.
- Recently Divorced – hungry and hunting; not Good-will-hunting. Dating around and bed hopping is a major goal.
- Really Only Separated – a married man – wanna be playboy -playing the field- claims to be doing ‘research. ’ His wife doesn’t understand him.
- Desperately Divorced – cannot adjust to being single and needs someone to cook, clean, iron his socks, and hand him the remote control.
Turn On Your Filter
Suzie K is jaded- she has run into a plethora of playboys and dead-end dates. Why? Perhaps her filtering system is on “low” – as in low expectations and low self esteem. Consistently, she spent minimal time getting to know the man prior to meeting. (Hint: Take the time to speak to a potential date on the phone.)
Initial phone calls and emails may not be the Holy Grail – however, they tell you a lot about a person. Asking questions and conversing with a total stranger should last more than five minutes. And, yes, you are going to Google the guy or gal. Why? Because you want to know exactly who you are meeting. A date with a dud or a Lothario is a waste of time.
Ask questions, talk on the phone, email one another a few times. Don’t get caught up in a morass of emails. Remember, jumping to conclusions and blithely dating –anyone- can be a waste of time, money, and tough on the self-esteem.