Top 10 Get in the Christmas Spirit Tips
Get rid of the “grumps.”
Tis the Season: Now is the time to have yourself a merry little Christmas and kick up your heels, Cupid.
Page Larkin’s Top 10 Ways to Get a Kick Out of the Holiday
1. Say ‘Merry Christmas’ to everyone. Bah, humbug to the PC “Happy Holiday” malarkey. Go ahead, say Merry Christmas to the people on the bus, the doorman, the waitress, barista, the taxi driver the clerk, the MUNI driver, the people in the elevator and everyone! What goes around…
2. Wear red. It’s fun, it’s festive and red-quired. Come on, don your red apparel. Everyone should wear at least one red article of clothing. No Santa hats – unless you are under 18. Donate the old 75% off- Christmas sweater you got at Mervyns -20 years ago, to the less fortunate. Go, Red!
3. Memorize A Visit from St Nicholas by Clement C. Moore and recite it at the drop of a hat. (Bring a hat wherever you go.)
4. Neck the Halls! Mistletoe time! Buy a sprig of mistletoe and pin it to your lapel or put it on your hat. Be kissed off and on. Yes, Virginia, you can download a picture of mistletoe. There are no rules. (See Google images of “the kissing tree.”)
5. Add the quality of jollity and frivolity – laugh a little! see Will Ferrell in “ELF”
6. Go Glow: Do you see what I see? Find the Lively Burning Christmas log on TV for Christmas Day.
7. Laugh and love the funniest, most engaging capella choir,Straight No Chaser The hilariously talented group sings every Christmas favorite with a twist and a shout.
8. Turn On: KOIT -FM (96.5) is playing non-stop Christmas carols, ballads, standards melodies. Bring out the Bing and dream of a White Christmas.
10. Reach Out and Contribute – One Warm Coat – All of December- The Container Store is collecting gently used coats, hats, sweaters, jackets, sweatshirts, mittens. Drive Up – drop off.
Do not rest ye merry gentle people; sing, stroll, dance, prance, dream.
Call the Scrooges the Grinches, the Donders, and the Blitzens and wish Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night.
San Francisco Dating@50 Examiner, Page Larkin, welcomes your feedback, questions and queries at Page.Larkin@gmail.com. Don’t miss a single Page Larkin column- click the Subscribe button at the top of the PAGE