This is how you lose him – top 10 first date blunders
Top 10 first date faux pas
Here are 10 surefire ways to turn off and alienate your first date.
- Arrive late with no excuse or apology.
- Declare, “You’re not what I expected.” “I thought you’d be taller” or “Is that your real hair?”
- Brag about all the fabulous dates you’ve had and all the expensive restaurants where you have dined recently.
- Reveal that your kids are perfect nightmares and go on to recount your disappointments and their horrible behavior.
- Describe your ugly divorce and verbally skewer your Ex, repeatedly.
- Rudely take a phone call during the date from another romantic interest and chat.
- Have a second glass of wine; allow decorum to fly out the window and the sloshy you to slur inane stories.
- Inquire, “So, what do you drive?” “Do you rent or own?” “How much you make?” “How much alimony do you pay?”
- Appear in a wig (or extensions) fake eyelashes, fake nails, plunging V-neck with a Victoria (has no) Secret push-up bra, your daughter’s short skirt, high boots and enough makeup to require a Spackle remover tool. (Can you say, over-kill?)
- Listen. Men frequently complain about women who talk nonstop. Breathe and listen. Dates are a dialogue – not a monologue. Listen: 80% and talk 20%. Observe and absorb all the little details and nuances to ensure a cogent and cordial experience.
First dates can last 20 minutes or two hours. They can lead to a handshake, an air-kiss or a lifetime of love and companionship.
Take the time to enjoy the experience – to avoid pitfalls and faux pas.