Top Five Ways to Succeed at Online Dating
So you want to try Online Dating?
Chances are, your friends all know someone who has a friend (cousin, uncle, neighbor, customer) who has tried online dating and they have a story.
There are lot of stories out there…
People love to taint the waters with horror stories (he was an ax murderer, mortician, a painter: he painted by numbers, he was a couch surfing, unemployed, bike messenger…and she had an eating disorder, had six kids and three ex-husbands, was a nonstop talker, claims she was a non-smokers smelled like an ashtray.)
Don’t listen to the horror stories
For every 10 dating nightmare stories there are another 10 dates where people meet and enjoy one another. Take your time, enjoy the process. It’s a marathon not a sprint into the arms of your “perfect” prince or princess
As You Prepare to Dive Into the Dating Pool – Remember these 5 tips:
- Be Real – No Faux Photos; delete that barrage of brags or self-consumed remarks.
- Be Honest – There is no need to embellish – ‘The better part of valor is discretion…’
- Be On – If you are going to join a dating site – you will have to be engaged – open and available. Plan on spending time at your computer.
- Be Aware – Yes, Virginia there are good guys/gals and not so great guys/gals online – use discretion.
- Be Light – Online dating is not brain surgery nor does it require a Phd; it does require a sense of humor. Lighten up and enjoy the experience.