Sweet Valentine’s Day ideas
- Kisses – Sweeter than Wine– seek out small amounts of exquisite chocolate at Chocolate Covered andRecchiuti at the Ferry Building
- Just Kidding –I Dream a Dream– Play and let your child-like creativity and imagination soar at the magical Disney Museum located at the Presidio.
- Floral Fantasy –Spring is in the Air – Hallelujah! – Stroll through Golden Gate Park to see acres of tulips, daffodils and pink popcorn like cherry blossoms in full bloom.
- Happy Together – You Make Me So Very Happy– Enjoy a progressive meal – Arrive on Muni or Bart to Market Street and walk through Union Square, grab a coffee at Rulli, continue up very colorful Grant Street to Chinatown, cross bawdy Broadway to North Beach to have appetizers and a beverage; continue to Fisherman’s Wharf for a crab cocktail; treat yourself. Irish Coffee, anyone? Take the Cable Car back.
- Poetry in Motion – I’m in the Mood for Love – Pick up a slim volume of poems by Billy Collins, Kay Ryan, or Mary Oliver – Memorize one poem.
- Watch it – I only have eyes for you – and Seasonal Celluloid. Romantic chick flicks are fun, light, romantic and inexpensive. Imagine An Affair to Remember or join the Jane Austen Book Club. Be happy together.
- Come Fly with Me-Love Potion Number Nine- get thee to – Swan’s Oyster Depot on Polk Street.
- Get Nautical – Hey, Big Spender – Take the Sausalito Ferry and – walk the line – from the ferry to fabulous Tommy’s Wok – best Chinese Food in all of Marin.
- Gifted? Make Someone Happy – read The 29 Gifts and skip to the generous of spirit theme. Next: pay it forward.
- Smile and Say Hello, Hello, to three strangers every day this week. And next week, too.