Feeling Spooky? Top 10 Dating Fears
There are a lot of metaphors for people who are just back in the dating game. Sometimes getting back into the swing of dating can be daunting. If you have been out of the game for a while, you may notice dating today is a little more complex than it was, let’s say- a decade ago.
Not only is the playing field no longer level, the rules have changed, the game is faster and the uniforms are a whole lot shorter. The days of courting and being coy are as out dated as hot pants and polyester.
Afraid to make the first move? There are tons of fears, frights, scares and trepidations.
There are even dating phobias which are irrational, intense, persistent fear of certain nouns (persons, places, things). For your information:
The Top Ten Common Fears Known to Single Men and Women
1. Isolophobia – fear of being alone
2. Athazagoraphobia- fear of being forgotten
3. Gamophobia – fear of marriage
4. Mageirocophobia – fear of cooking
5. Sexophobia – fear of the opposite sex
6. Gynophobia – fear of women
7. Hominophobia -fear of men
8. Clinophobia – fear of going to bed
9. Homilophobia – fear of sermons
10. Nyctophobia- fear of the dark or night
Franklin D Roosevelt said it best:
“ The only thing we have to fear is fear itself – nameless, unreasoning, unjustified, terror which paralyzes needed efforts…”
Go on, make a move.
Get off the couch… push away from the computer, and go outside and play.
What are you afraid of? Face your fears and they disappear like those tiny bubbles in a glass of champagne. Cheers.