The second date? Gloves off – now what?
What is the next step? No, Tandem Skydiving, please.
Skip the same-old-same-old walk on the beach or a mundane dinner and take a leap – to a new level of fun and a unique way to getting to know one another on that second encounter.
Getting to Know You
Harry is a classic ‘formula dater’. His first date is always at Emporio Rulli Gran Café on Chestnut Street. If she passes his subtle evaluation- he asks for a second date. If she agrees, he always surprises his date with a volunteer gig at the SF Food Bank .
His friends agree, Harry is a little eccentric and very eclectic. However, he says you can tell more about a person in 60 minutes of sorting canned goods, than you can sitting across from a person having dinner at Absinthe. Yes, he does advise his dates to dress ‘casually and comfortably’. After the unique ‘getting to know you’ exercise, Harry and date end up at one of his three favorite restaurants: A-16, Zuni or Tadich’s.
In This Economy – seek out Free Events
1. California Academy of Sciences offers Free Admission Day at Golden Gate Park- open from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm. Check out the planetarium, aquarium, rainforest, roof garden and natural history museum. Always seek out a docent, they make the experience come alive. See if you can find the Warhols.
2. Blue Grass? Hardly and Strictly! With over 300 performers- multiple stages, and thousands of people – run don’t walk to Golden Gate Park’s famed Speedway Meadows for the annual, free, Harldy, Strictly Bluegrass Festival.
“Variety’s the very spice of life, That gives it all its flavor” William Cowper
Wild Food Walks – Forage – You could say, “Only in San Francisco” and be partially correct. There is a movement afoot – to join ‘culinary guides’ and explore gourmet groves, hillsides, meadows and open spaces to discover Mother Nature’s gourmet and wild bounty. The verb forage ‘is the act of looking for food or provisions’. Forage, the company is a unique, educational and entertaining way to get to know the City and alternatives to food shopping at Safeway. Forage says their goal” is to push people out of the supermarket, to get them trying new foods harvested sustainably and fairly by their neighbors”.
In addition to culling hillsides for fresh produce, Forage has an alluring, by invitation only, clandestine dinner party, too. There are special dinners, in secret locations with perfectly amazing menus. Sign up in advance and on the actual day of the event – hours before- you are given a secret address to the Forage dinner party. Check it out and check your carbon foot print at the door.
in San Francisco
- Saturday, October, 15 10 AM to 1 PM
- Cost: $85
- Limit: 15 to a class ( SOLD OUT)
- Bring your current online dating profile, photos and a Dream Date List (more information with Enrollment) an open-mind, a sense of humor, and a desire to get in the dating game to play and win.
Enroll at Page.Larkin@Gmail.com