Got Wanderlust? Head over to Marin for the weekend
Looking for a new date destination for this weekend? Try Marin.
Mount Tamalpais is the “go to“ destination for millions of visitors every year. People come from all over the world to hike, bike, hang glide, ride horses, bird watch, photograph, study plants, flowers, trees and explore. The magnificent views absolutely take your breath away…as do a number of the scenic and strenuous hiking trails.
Marin is magical – there are many choices for entertainment, wandering and playing. Of course, you can go biking, strolling, hiking, dining, shopping or – see a first-run movie at the wonderful Rafael Theater. Drive over the Golden Gate Bridge – leave the City behind -and explore multi-faceted and fun Marin County.
People “in the know” flock to Marin’s Best Book Store – Book Passages of Corte Madera. They also ‘know’ the Best Movie Theater for first run films and home of the Mill Valley Film festival is is the newly restored, Art Deco, the Rafael in San Rafael on Fourth Street.
Four Great Restaurants:
- Piazza d Angelo – a wonderful Italian restaurant located in downtown Mill Valley on the square
- Bay Thai Cuisine – a true hole in the wall- with great food -909 Fourth St San Rafael (415) 458-8845
- Tommy’s Wok – Sausalito- the best Chinese food in all of Marin County
- Best Sunday Brunch with a live, non stop Bicycle Parade- Poggio – Sausalito
Mr Marin County – hiking authority, lecturer, author and ‘man about town’, Barry Spitz, is the go- to-guy for any and all information about majestic (6400 acres) Mount Tamalpais. His recent book, Tamalpais Trails is a bible to legions of hikers and Marin residents. Try one these Marin hikes:
- Best- to the beach- short Hike- Mill Valley Tennessee Valley Valley – Pack a picnic and enjoy land and sea.
- Best Hike @ 0900 Sunday – Ross – Phoenix Lake 2.33 miles and is considered a little rigorous, vigorous and spectacular.
- Best -here we go around the lake – Mt Tam has five man made lakes. Try Alpine Lake – for a start.
- Best Hike Tiburon – Ring Mountain – You can’t see Russia – however, you can see three counties. There are acres and acres of hills, trails and try to find the petroglyph’s. Bring water and binoculars. Pick up a picnic at the yummy and upscale Paradise Market.
Take the ferry to Marin County …Welcome to Marin – any day of the week.
San Francisco Dating@50 Examiner, Page Larkin, welcomes your feedback, questions and queries at email@example.com.
All Page Larkin Dating@50 Examiner articles © 2011 by Page Larkin; reposts permitted with copy written notice and link to original article. All other rights reserved.