Jazz,Wine, Dancing: Top 20 Fun summer ideas
Summertime and the living is easy and busy – . Gear up for jazz, street theater, dancing in the streets and unique activities like hanging out under the Boardwalk or any of these Top 20 fun Bay Area events and venues.
1. Bop over to the biggest, bestest, free Fillmore Jazz Festival July 2-3 10 am-6pm
2. Free Admission Museum Day – Tuesday July 5 at The de Young Museum and Palace of Legion of Honor: First Tuesdays
3. Feed the ducks, walk the trails, look for alligators at Mountain Lake Park off of lovely Lake Street.
4. Take a walk together along Ocean Beach – enjoy sunset with drinks at Beach Chalet.
5. Ride a Cable Car half way to the stars or to Fisherman’s Wharf and play tourist for the day.
6. Take a summer time hike in and around the stunning hills and dales of Muir Woods.
8. Take the ferry and go wine tasting at the Rosenblum Cellars in Alameda
9. Get in the Swing of things: check out a ballroom dancing competition. Try the Cha-cha-cha, Samba or Swing.
10. Party on at the State Fair in Sacramento July 14-31 it’s hot – in every sense.
11. Skate, run, walk, bike around or even swing on the swings at a Golden Gate Park Explore the Japanese Tea Garden.
14. Toss a frisbee in Golden Gate Park- before one of the many fabulous free concerts happening all summer.
15. Beach blanket bingo time: head over to Santa Cruz and the famous Boardwalk for fun in the sun- beware the infamous “Weight Guesser.”
16. Volunteer at KQED during pledge drive and be on TV together.
17. Play around and visit the hands on – science fair: the Exploratorium
18. Work the New York Times crossword puzzle together with a pot of green tea, jello shots or sip Champagne…
19. Visit Colma cemetery – home of 17 cemeteries and look for the “six-foot-under celebrities.”
20. Check out the new hot spot:Redwood City’s Courthouse Square for jazz, dancing, and movies.
San Francisco Dating@50 Examiner Page Larkin welcomes your feedback, questions and queries at Page.Larkin@gmail.com.