Summertime Fun! Five Bay Area Best Ideas
So: Get off the couch. Push away from the computer. Put the Blackberry, the iPad, iPod, and iPhone down and go out and play.
The only way you’re going to see – and be seen- is to go where the action is: that could be the San Francisco Film Festival, Trader Joe’s, Peets, any one of the numerous local farmer’s market, Starbucks, Bakery Tartin, the Marina Safeway or Mission Cliffs Climbing Wall,
- Plan to take the Alameda Ferry to Rosenblum Cellars– wine in Alameda? You betcha! Great wines and a bonus: no driving or parking problems. Mark you calendar for Saturday, June 25, for Rosenblum’s ‘Zinfan Appreciation Day.’
- Swing over to Redwood City – for Dancing in the Square– First stop: check out the much talked about San Carlos hot spot: The Refuge for the best Pastrami Sandwich ever and a cavalcade of choices of Belgian beers
- Sparkle: Fourth of July weekend is upon us – and offers multiple opportunities for parades, picnics, fairs and fireworks. Check out the small galaxy of stars coming out at the Marin County fair. The Fourth of July weekend also offers delicious barbecues at Rancho Nicasio.
- Pop over to the Presidio for a campfire and celebration of San Francisco history: Around the Campfire with AnzaThursday, June 23, 7pm to 8 pm
- Take a free intro Dance Class at Arthur Murray