Top 10 “Worst First”- don’t try these dates at home
Perhaps your egregious First Date story doesn’t rival the movie, “Carrie,” … however, some First Date Stories are nightmares.
A flurry of emails from readers and a random poll with the Date Watchers and the Yoga Babes, indicates women know exactly what they don’t want to do on a first date.
If you really want to turn somebody off make them uncomfortable.
‘Top 10 Worst First Dates’ – guaranteed to spoil the day:
- Play Paint Ball– Way too Deer Hunter -for most women
- Karaoke– not an intoxicating way to spend time- no matter how well you warble.
- Spelunking – Exploring Caves – an acquired taste –most are too dark, too dull and too much for a first date. Think: picnic ,instead.
- Ceramic-making at a cutesy place for kids called something like “Fire Me Up.”
- Go-Cart Riding in Burlingame Driving to the Peninsula is enough for one day – why ruin it with more road rage?
- Kite Surfing or Paddle boarding – Falls under the too much, too soon, too cold. Who wants to wear a wet suit on the first date?
- See the Pyramids? She thought he meant Cairo, Egypt- he meant an Amway meeting.
- Swimming in the San Francisco Bay – You maybe a member of the famed Polar bear club or a Tri Athlete- save the show- off until after the first date.
- Naked Workshops – Sure, developing rapport, closeness, and intimacy are all goals of a long-term relationship. Getting HAI on date number one – not so much.
- Pole Dancing Lessons for Her – Don’t even think about it.
On the first date you want to relax, be on your best behavior, get to know the other person. The goal is to enjoy yourself in low-key, fun, maybe even unique –situation. Get out there and play.
San Francisco Dating@50 Examiner, Page Larkin, welcomes your feedback, questions and queries at PAGE.LARKIN@gmail.com
Don’t miss a single Page Larkin column- click the Subscribe button at the top of the page, and voila!