Valentine’s Day – Flirt early and flirt often
Valentine’s Day is a sugar rush for See’s Candy and Hallmark. Florists are in seventh heaven with dozens of acres of red roses bought and sold in February.
What about the rest of us, sweetheart?
Valentine’s Day is about happy hearts, hugs, flirting, and wearing all shades of red, pink and crimson. February 14th is the one day of the year we can “Blame it on Cupid” while we gather upcourage to flirt early and flirt often.
Top Ten Ways to Get in the Mood for Valentine’s Day
1. Send everyone you know a simple “I love you” message – pay it forward.
2. Create a CD of all your favorite romantic love songs – share – Besame Mucho!
3. Wear red – all week long.
4. Say ‘hi’ to that cutie you see every day and smile at strangers.
5. Send cute Hallmark cards out- think grammar school- and embellish (roses are red, violets are blue, meet me at…)
6. Invite a ‘hearty’ acquaintance to join you for a walk through the Presidio-and a drink at Liverpool Lil’s
8. Text, twitter, e-mail, and poke your friends on Face book: reach out and hug someone.
9. DIY Valentines; check out Free Range Stock for fabulous, free photos.
San Francisco Dating@50 Examiner, Page Larkin, welcomes your feedback, questions and queries at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t miss – a single Page Larkin column –