Kathy, the Pilates Princess of Burlingame, revealed that she was striking out with the men floating around the Internet. She said she kept running into men with an interest in scoring and zero interest in commitment or relationships. Her goal this Merry month of May is to sign up on a new dating site. She wants to improve her dating chances by trying a new ‘niche-dating site.’
There are hundreds of dating sites to choose from — you’ll see sites for every hobby, club, interest, age, race, color and creed.
Here are five unique ‘niche-dating sites’ you might want to take a swing at:
1. Herway.com Brand-new on the romance radar is a dating site for-the-girls and by-the-girls called HerWay. Their claim to fame is privacy. They point out your private life and love life should be private and not headlines. Why “tell all” before you even meet a man on line?
(See: Weight, Weight, Don’t’ Tell Me). Good point. Their technique is to allow the men you are interested in to see your profile. Sounds discreet. Finally, you can date on your own terms?
Nobody goes there anymore. It’s too crowded. — Yogi Berra
2. Cowboycowgirl.com For the horsy set. If riding off into the sunset is a goal of yours, these two sites for equestrians may be just for you. Members go to CowboyCowgirl.com to meet other people who share an appreciation for the ‘country’ set of values and way of life. They didn’t say which country or which values. Or — you can pony up, dressage up, and join the Horse Lovers Singles site. Ride on. It gets late early out there. — YB
3. Green Singles.com Go Green, be environmentally sound and date kindred evo-spirits who care about the environment, animal rights and healthy living. For the love of Earth — go Green.
If you come to a fork in the road, take it. — YB
4. My Country Match.com Rather go red, white and blue? My Country appears to be highly patriotic and unique (okay, and a little scary in a Fox News sort of way). This dating site claims to have a ‘code of ethics’ and that they ‘read every single profile.’ Their goal is to “connect single adults who seek real family values.” The future ain’t’ what it used to be. — YB
5. Metaphysical If you have more of a spiritual bent and if your mantra is, “I never Metaphysical I didn’t like,” check out Metaphysical meet up. You don’t have to be a wizard or Reiki Master to enjoy the magic.
We have deep depth. — YB
Do the research, evaluate the pros and cons of each site and be certain to compare the cost of each niche-dating site before signing up. New is good, try a new approach. Happy fall … in love.
Remember: It ain’t over, till it’s over. — YB
San Francisco Dating@50 Examiner, Page Larkin, welcomes your feedback, questions and queries at firstname.lastname@example.org.