The Birthday Girls,
once the brazen 49-er’s are turning 50.
The coterie subscribes to the “Life is short, kick up your heels” philosophy.
On the precipice of hitting 50 – with gusto- they created their very own ‘Un-bucket List’
Some Suddenly Single – Their Dating Creed
After their celebration with champagne and exquisite pink cupcakes, punctuated with storytelling and paroxysms of laughter, the women compiled their own
Top Ten Dating at 50 Rules
1. I won’t sit by the phone or the computer waiting for a man to reach out. I will be proactive and flirt – early and often.
2. I won’t respond to a man who sends me a photo of him hiding and enshrouded in a hat and sunglasses.
3. I won’t be impressed with anyone who sends a canned greeting (Hello Angel, does God know you left heaven?)
4. I won’t meet anyone for a date in a parking lot, a bowling alley, or the Indy 500.
5. I won’t kiss and tell, but I might kiss again. And, again.
6. I won’t hesitate to delete grumps, grouches, less than honest forthright people from my life
7. I won’t waste time with people who see the glass as chipped, broken or empty.
8. I won’t miss the opportunity for a hug or a kiss. Holding hands is a priority.
9. I won’t wear Crocs, Uggs, Sweats, backpacks, Lanz nighties, shoulder pads, granny glasses or acid wash jeans. And, I won’t date a guy with a proclivity for all of the above.
10. I won’t let anyone rain on my parade. Life is a cabaret. I will sing and dance like my hair is on fire.
The robust “49-ers” default to laughing, sharing, and supporting one another. Thirty years ago they were new at the dating game- and here they go again – back in the dating saddle. Ride on, girls. Happy Birthday.
“A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman’s birthday but never remembers her age.” Robert Frost