There are no rules when it comes to using Pick Up Lines – all the world is a stage – and both girls and boys get to play.
Once upon a time…a long time ago, there were two, and only two, tried and true Pick Up Lines: “Do you come here often?” and “What’s your sign” were once the holy grail of Pick Up Lines. And, believe it or not: they worked.
Now the bar has been raised at the bar, the cafe, the courts. Everywhere. Creativity breeds content. Women are just as entitled and expected to extend an opening line.
Twelve Pick Up Lines, including a clunker, a loaner, a groaner and a few fast ones.
- Don’t I know you?
- Have we met? Would you like to?
- Sorry, I have to ask, How was heaven when you left it?
- If I could rearrange the alphabet, I’d put U and I together.
- Excuse me, if I followed you home, would you keep me?
- What time do you have to be back in heaven?
- Are you going my way?
- Did we go to school together? I could swear…
- May I have directions, please? (“To where?”) To your heart.
- Your eyes are blue, like the ocean. And, whoa, I’m lost at sea.
- Pardon me. Are you religious? Because you are the answers to all my prayers.
- You’re like a dictionary, you add meaning to my life.
Try one – try them all. What do you have to lose? Pick up lines and ice breakers are a means to an end – create your own – and have fun while playing the dating game.
Under the speed limit – send me your best line: email@example.com
San Francisco Dating docent Page Larkin, welcomes your feedback, questions and queries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t miss a single Page Larkin column-