Valentine’s Day is a sugar rush for See’s Candy
and for Hallmark cards.
Florists are in seventh heaven with dozens of acres of red roses bought and sold this week.
What about the rest of us, sweetheart?
Remember: Valentine’s Day is about happy hearts, hugs, flirting, wearing all shades of red, pink and crimson. February 14th is the one day of the year we can “Blame it on Cupid” while we gather up courage to flirt early and flirt often.
Top Ten Ways to Get your mojo moving and in the mood for Valentine’s Day
- Say ‘hi’ to that cutie you see every day
- Smile at strangers
- Send Valentines wishes (roses are red, violets are blue, meet me at…)
- Invite a ‘hearty’ acquaintance to join you for a walk through the Presidio – and a drink at Presidio Social Club
- Wear red – all week long
- Buy “Big Hunk” candy bars for all your girlfriends. Give away Hershey kisses
- Text, twitter, e-mail, and nudge your friends on Face book: reach out and hug someone
- Make Valentines; check out Free Range Stock for fabulous photos
- Meet at the beauteous Palace of Fine Arts Learn about San Francisco hero, Walter Johnson, who saved the once dilapidated – now most romantic -landmark
- Invite a small group to meet at Amoeba Records, agree upon a romantic comedy DVD; have dinner and Sangria at Cha-Cha-Cha ; watch the movie with red wine and red velvet cupcakes, Sweet!
- Send everyone you know a simple “I love you” message -pay it forward
- Create a CD of all your favorite romantic love songs – share – Besame Mucho!
Everyone loves to be remembered on Valentine’s Day.
Buy yourself flowers