Rain, rain, go away! Five fabulous San Francisco sweet chocolate-covered ideas to banish the blues.
Confused by chocolate? Do you die for Godiva? Do you go for TCHO? Perhaps you prefer San Francisco’s classic, plump, chocolates from the all-time favorite See’s.
Try these Five San Francisco Sweets on for sighs…
1. Try truffles: Try North Beach’s treasure – XOX Truffles home of rich, delicate truffles with27 flavors to choose from and totally addictive. Sweetly perched on Columbus Avenue across from the City’s stellar Graffeo Coffee.
2. Banish the Blues at the Candy Store: San Francisco’s premiere candy boutique with a wall of chocolate to choose from is aptly named, The Candy Store Located on Vallejo Street at Polk Street will dazzle you with the finest selection of yummiest candies “… one-of-a-kind boutique features old-fashioned candy jars, shelves stocked with the finest confections from around the world, and nostalgic treats you probably haven’t seen in years.”
3. Chocolate Mecca: San Francisco’s Original Chocolate Boutique: Chocolate Covered on 24th Street. Famous for chocolate from all over the world and lovely samples. Amble in and sample the earthly delights.
4. The jewel in the City’s carb crown is Dynamo Donuts and Coffee. Tongues are wagging and people are salivating over the much talked about $3.00 (yep) donuts at Dynamo in the Mission District.
The Chocolate Rosemary Almond donut is a sell out- as is the unique Lemon Pistachio donut. People call-in orders for the oddly popular Maple Glazed Apple Bacon donut. If you are going to eat donuts- then go to the Best in the City: Dynamo Donut – a very happening place. Your date will be impressed.
5. Since you are in the neighborhood – down the block from Dynamo is another marvelous Mecca for sweets- the ice cream store extraordinaire: Humphrey Slocombe. Want the best coffee ice cream date ever? Try the delicious Blue Bottle Vietnamese coffee ice cream. Click here for the recipe
Each day the dozen gourmet and unusual (Foie gras, really?) ice cream flavors change.
Seeking the chocolate bible?
The Chocolate Guide North America Version The Chocolate Guide is a must for chocolate lovers and…and gift-givers looking for unique presents for their favorite cacao connoisseur. Beautifully designed and illustrated in ebook format.
Wanna Mocha Difference? Three Twins- the ultimate Organic ice cream perfectionists – make a Coffee, Chocolate creamy (yes: Mocha Difference) ice cream you will adore…
SCOOP: Poco Dolce - located in the now hip, groovy, haute Dogpatch – where, a few years ago- locals would never think of going- is Divine and tres cher Chocolate…